Saturday, August 30, 2008

What time do sunflowers wake up???

OK, those of you that know me, will not doubt the craziness of my attempts at the "perfect photo". Jim Richardson with National Geographic told me to take pictures, then take more pictures, and then take more pictures....then delete the ones you don't like, then delete some more. So that is what I do!
Earlier this week, my friend Dee Dee told me I needed to see this field of Sunflowers and take some pictures. I told her I had been past it but all their little heads were facing West already as it was night. So I had this bright idea to get up VERY early Saturday....go out there and take a picture every few minutes and track their movements toward the sun.
I WAS TOO LATE!!!
I am sure I could hear them laughing as I climbed out of the van, chuckling at the lateness of my arrival. They were all proudly facing the rising sun, so I pulled out my camera and went to work!

1 comment:

Kara said...

Michelle, You have such a zest for life! I have always enjoyed your excitement over nature. Love ya, your sister Kara