Sunday, October 4, 2020

2020 and this photographer is still going




I was doing some reading today and one of the individuals on a page I follow was looking for a blogging program. I I did some research and soon  realized that the blog I had worked on for several years was still online and that it is now accompanied by an app, which is a whole lot easier to use when one is wanting to just make a quick blog entry.

So here we are, October 4, 2020
The year of COVID-19. Just so hard to believe. I think I handled the shut down pretty well. There were a few days in there where boredom and isolation got to me. I don’t handle those things very well, that and snowstorms that leave you without lights, heat and electricity. Not that I go crazy or anything like that, but I know there is some productivity that can take place, but I don’t always make best use of my time.

In any case, this has also been a year for riots across our country. I have never been one to feel extremely strong about some thing, to the point where I would protest in the streets, riot, loot, burn or hurt anyone over it. While my heart goes out to families Whose loved ones have been killed during an altercation with police, I do realize that each of those situations are vastly different stories from one another. I do not believe all cops are bad or that all cops are racist or that all cops are the type to brutally hurt Anyone. Nor do I believe that all individuals with black or brown skin are bad people. Police have made some horrific mistakes, some individuals have made horrific mistakes. There are some folks however that do not agree at all with current police procedure. It will be interesting as time goes on to see how things change, and develop. In the meantime I pray for those whose lives have been forever affected, both the victims, their families And the  livelihoods of the police involved.

As I write this, the 2020 election is approaching. President Trump is in the hospital with COVID-19. One of my sons-in-law has overcome the virus. And this week, my daughter and her husband will be tested for the virus as both became sick over the weekend.

As a photographer, I continue to grow, learn and hopefully improve. I noticed quite some time ago when I purchased a new camera and some other equipment, I made note of it here on the blog. Since that time I upgraded again. I am not sure yet when I will switch to the mirrorless cameras.... We will see.


Until next time, Happy Fall!

No comments: